11/16/2016

IKEA, Sweets and TV


Excuse moi for my long-ish silence, I happened to catch a cold this week and haven't had the energy to do this earlier.

On the weekend I finally had some time to go to IKEA. I've been meaning to go there for a while now, mainly on a search for a new bed. Well, I didn't find a bed, but I found few other things. For my surprise I left the place without any candles...


First things first: New curtains. I have had a pair of green curtains for way too long now, and it had to change. Though I'm not 100% sure will I leave the green curtains on my bedside. Anyways, I bought these ridiculously cheap LILL curtains to go along with my VILBORG curtains. To get more volume I put 2 layers of the LILL curtains together. 

The second thing I bought were some new cutlery, which happen to be too normal and dull looking for my blog erm....

Last but definitely not least I bought a table lamp! Besides the bed (see what I did there haha) this was on my to-buy-list. The lamp is called Ă…RSTID. I'm super pleased with it.



American candy & movies

After the trip to IKEA me and my other half found our way to the grocery store, and realized they had an international aisle. I have lately been noticing similar aisles appearing on other stores as well, which in my opinion is great. 

Since the American, English and other countries treats are still quite expensive here, I haven't yet tasted most of them. I only have experience on Reese's buttercups, Jellybeans, Sour patch kids and Three musketeers, and all of them I have liked so far. 

A Three musketeers bar from last summer

This time we decided to try out a Butterfinger bar and some Nerds.
The bar was too peanut buttery and sweet for my liking, but the Nerds we both enjoyed. 

As a sugarholic I have to say that I think most of the foreign candy differs from our local candy A LOT. We often have a much more natural ingredients and taste in our sweets than American or English candy, and a lot less sugar.



At home we opened up HBO as usual and picked a movie to watch. This time it was Sliding Doors starred by Gwyneth Paltrow. It was worth watching, not a huge wow but it didn't feel like a waste of time either. As an older movie (by now) it was still very watchable and relatable.

On Monday we began the day by watching HBO's West World, which at the moment is our newest and biggest tv-series obsession. Go watch it if you haven't already, it's AWESOME. The latest episode blew my mind completely. 

HBO overall is quite good, so far I have watched all of Game of Thrones, Magicians and just started watching 12 Monkeys.

That's pretty much all I have to share about my weekend and week 'till this day, thank you for reading! :)

Ps. Who else is excited about the J.K. Rowling's new movie AND the trailer of Beauty and the Beast? It's going to be a great year for entertainment industry!





No comments:

Post a Comment